When Are Dental Implants Required?
Modern Technologies

When Are Dental Implants Required?

A tooth implant involves a metal post implanted into the jawbone and a crown or denture attached. The dental procedure does not affect surrounding teeth, and intraosseous implants serve for over 20 years.

For some people, dental implants seem to be a preferred option among similar procedures, for others – the only possible one.

An interesting fact! The first dental implants were placed in Sweden in 1965.

The procedure is indicated in:

  • loss of one or more teeth, regardless of their location;
  • adentia (absence of all teeth).

Important! Before dental implantation, the oral cavity should be fixed: teeth to be treated, bleeding gums stopped.

Dental implants: how do they work?

A tooth implant is a complex multi-component structure consisting of several parts. The first stage of dental prosthetics is the implantation of a metal post into the bone to replace the root.

An abutment (titanium, plastic, zirconium), a part protruding above the gum line, connects an implant and a crown. The components are securely connected using screws or dental cement.

The part replacing the lost tooth is a crown. Depending on the crown quality, implant types are as follows:

  1. Titanium, characterized by high strength, lightness, hypoallergenicity.
  2. Zirconium, with natural-looking aesthetics of the dentition (possible individual selection of the shade of the crown).

The actual argument: dental implantation advantages/disadvantages

Advantages of teeth replacement with implants are obvious:

  • possibility to restore the natural-looking teeth;
  • no adjacent teeth affected;
  • low risk of jawbone atrophy;
  • gum aesthetics preserved;
  • long service life;
  • easy to care – regular cleaning in the morning and in the evening is enough.

Dental implants: disadvantages

Success rates of artificial tooth implantation accounted up to 97%. However, rejection is observed in the remaining 3% because of:

  1. Systemic diseases (HIV, hypertension, diabetes mellitus).
  2. Low-quality implants.
  3. Incompliance with the doctor’s recommendations during the post-dental implantation period (smoking, eating very solid food, improper oral hygiene).
  4. Medical error.

Another disadvantage of the procedure is its high cost.

Our dentistry uses a comprehensive approach to dental implantation. We guarantee a thorough examination and customized selection of implants for each patient, as well as a responsible approach to procurement of original denture components. We provide clear recommendations during the post-implantation period.

Dental implants in Moldova: clinic prices

How much does one dental implant cost in Chisinau? Prices for dental implantation in Chisinau are customized for each patient and depend on the quality of used implants and their components, their type and characteristics, and the work scope.

Any questions? Contact the Denta Vita clinic specialists via the specified contacts. Come to us, we will make your smile healthy and beautiful!