The restoration of a single tooth or multiple teeth is always a complex and necessary procedure. The choice of the dental clinic and materials for prosthetics should be competent. Fortunately, modern technologies allow to fabricate dentures using various materials for every taste. But, in contrast to traditional techniques, metal-free ceramic prosthetics is considered to be the most progressive.
Metal-free ceramics and its advantages
Technology using ceramics appeared to respond natural patients’ desire to have dentures indistinguishable from natural teeth. Metal-free crowns, including made on a zirconium frame, fit perfectly for these purposes. They are reasonably considered to be aesthetic perfection in stomatology. Crowns, veneers, inlays, onlays and dental bridges are made of solid ceramics as well.
Metal-free ceramics makes teeth attractive, and makes the smile look beautiful and natural. By choosing the material, you not only get good looking, but also help improve the oral cavity health because it is absolutely harmless, – no allergic reactions or pathological changes in the oral mucosa and inert to the gastrointestinal tract function. A high quality ceramic crown fits perfectly to the gum, comparing to porcelain fused metal resulting in a gray stripe in the contact area with the gum line.
Metal-free dentures guarantee no metallic taste in the patient’s mouth. Besides, metal-free ceramic crown is better any other materials in compatibility with tooth and gum tissues. The patients get used to new dentures quickly and don’t notice them in the mouth.
Metal-free ceramics: pros and cons
This cutting-edge technology is characterized by many advantages, but we highlight its main pros. The following undeniable advantages of dental restorations with metal-free ceramic crowns should be mentioned:
- They are indistinguishable from natural enamel since nothing muffles light as they do not have metal frame;
- Ideally smooth and stable surface – no discoloration, plaque or stones over time;
- Smooth ceramic surface doesn’t need regular polishing in contrast to the teeth restoration with photopolymer filling materials;
- Abrasion (attrition) of one-piece ceramic structure (crown or onlay) is close to the tooth enamel (they wear down equally): the antagonist tooth does not move towards the restored tooth, as it happens in restoration with filling materials because of the high photopolymer attrition coefficient;
- No pathogenic changes in the gastrointestinal tract, perfectly adapt to oral cavity mucous membranes;
- Metal-free ceramics structures are lightweight and anti-allergenic.
- High material durability allows to install metal-free veneers or crowns on the front teeth without too much recontouring native teeth !!!
- Tooth sensitivity is restored after adjustment due to a preserved nerve.
The only disadvantage of metal-free ceramics is higher price. But your health and well-being cannot be measured only by money. Assessing the advantages of porcelain fused metal or metal-free ceramics, you will prefer for sure progressive technology as it will serve you for many years without further process in the tooth or in the jaw. Our experience, exceeding 20 years has proven this to our loyal patients. Denta Vita clinic offers various materials for dental prosthetics, and the patients have a great range to choose.
The difference between anterior teeth crowns and posterior teeth dentures
When we offer a particular technology to a patient, we take into consideration many factors:
- the dentition condition;
- health of the gums and oral mucous membranes;
- condition of the masticatory muscles and TMJ (temporomandibular joint);
- tendency to allergic reactions;
- patient’s expectations and other circumstances.
In particular, taking into consideration the load, metal-free crown fits perfectly for the anterior teeth. As for posterior teeth, specialists recommend reinforced dentures. For this purpose, zirconium dioxide ceramic crown seems to be perfect. Its aesthetic and biological properties are similar to pure ceramics. But zirconium dioxide ceramic crown is more durable.
Handling of dentures does not differ from usual oral hygiene procedure.
Metal-free ceramics: Fabricating stages
The technology for ceramic denture fabrication is based on proven leading techniques. Teeth are prepared using Karl Kaps high magnification microscope. To obtain an accurate impression, we use convenient intraoral scanner or high-precision impression materials. We use 3D computer denture modeling. Crowns are fabricated using CAD/CAM (CNC), which provides fast and accurate milling of artificial crowns.
Crown service life lasts for at least 7-10 years. Fixation procedure is performed microscopically using modern dual-curing cements, which provide better fixation, ensuring the tooth sealing and prevent caries under the crowns.
You can schedule an appointment at Denta Vita online and by phone. Come to visit us, do not postpone your visit.